Congratulations Miss Thomas! We are so proud that you are the Meriwether Lewis Golden Apple Award recipient! Thank you for all you do! http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Golden-Apple-Awards-honor-city-and-county-teachers-422057293.html
“Expressing Gratitude To Those Who Help our Children Grow”
May 1-5, 2017
MONDAY: Catered lunch in teachers lounge from IVY PROVISIONS
TUESDAY: STUDENT GIFTS (Last names A-L)
Students with LAST NAMES A-L bring a small token to say “thank you” to their core teacher as well as assigned “Specials” teacher. Please note that students may recognize ANY teacher/staff of their choice during their select day. **See schedule below.
WEDNESDAY: SWEET TREATS in the teachers lounge.
THURSDAY: STUDENT GIFTS (Last names M-Z)
Students with LAST NAMES M-Z are asked to bring a small token of appreciation for their core teacher and assigned “specials” teacher. Please note that students may recognize ANY teacher/staff of their choice during their select day. **See schedule below.
FRIDAY: HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!
On this final day of teacher appreciation week, teachers will be treated to a taco lunch by Maria’s tacos.
TEACHER APPRECIATION: TUESDAY/THURSDAY STUDENT GIFT DAY
You will find your child’s teacher and his or her assigned “SPECIAL” teacher below. There are many teachers who interact with students on a daily basis, so we would like to encourage students to recognize whomever they’d like on their assigned day.
**PLEASE NOTE: TUESDAY, MAY 2nd is for students with last names A-L and THURSDAY, MAY 4th is for students whose last names begin with M-Z.**
Meg Franco, Liz Cooke and Holly McDonnell
Kathryn DeAtley, Sarah Adair and Jillian Ratliff
Rachel Shamey, Elizabeth Brann and Yolanda Gonzalez
June Benoit, Stephanie Taylor and Julie Horton
Sarah Jackson and Nancy Whitestone
Patti Stewart, Debbie Jackson and Jennifer Yourkavitch
Destinie Thomas, Christina Flamm and Jenny Crocker
Nancy Ealy and Alissa Etten
Kelly Oehler, Tanya Baugher and Jamie Hinson
Dena LaFleur, Betsy Noble and Sarah Robey
Heidi Robinson, Laura Emery, and Kim Nash
Anne Straume, Coby Massie and Sue Fortune
Leigh Anne Kuhn and Ashley Kovach
Gwen Meeks and Kevin White
Meghan Brodie, Dan Arrington and Andrea Atkinson
Bonnie Carey and Jennifer Underwood
Laura Scully and Susan Howard-Smith
Bob Wilson and Steve Gissendanner
Joseph Hicks and Scott Williams
Debbie Parmelee and Dr. Irani
Cheryl Wetmore-Simpson and Cindy Tichner
Ms. Wetmore-Simpson’s fifth grade homeroom is organizing a service project benefitting the Service Dogs of Virginia (SDV.) SDV is a non-profit organization that raises and trains service dogs in Charlottesville for children and adults. Please donate supplies for SDV by placing them in the large box by the school office where we will also be collecting loose change in the water bottle labeled, “Pennies for Puppies.”
Any donations are appreciated, but the supplies most needed are:
- Jars of Peanut Butter, creamy and without xylitol
- New Kongs, Buster Cubes, and plush squeaky toys
- Paper Towels
- Dog beds for larger dogs
- Gift cards to PetSmart or Lowe’s
- Gift cards for gasoline
- New or gently-used Bath Mats with Non-Skid Backs
- Area rugs or door mats (fuzzy, non-plastic)
- Laundry Detergent
- Writing Pads
- Bleach bottles
- Postage Stamps
- Dawn Dish Detergent (original formula)
- Leather leashes with brass clasps
Collection Dates are April 14 – May 5
Thank you for helping us with this service project!
The MLS PTO Auction is THIS FRIDAY at King Family Vineyards, 6:30-10:30pm! Here are some details for you, so please take a look and share with other MLS families! We can't wait to see you!
Attending the auction is FREE -- no RSVP required. Please come and mingle with fellow MLS parents and teachers at this fabulous event to benefit our school.
- You can preview the auction catalog here!
- Complimentary hors d'oeuvres from Dinner at Home will be served; beer and King Family Vineyards wine will be available for purchase (cash and credit cards accepted).
- Upon arrival, you may put a credit card on file at check-in to facilitate checkout and payment at the end of the evening. We only accept Visa or MasterCard - otherwise please bring check or cash.
- Auction items "close" on a sliding schedule throughout the evening, beginning as early as 8:15! Be sure to get there in time to bid on all your favorite items. The tables will indicate approximate closing times.
- Checkout begins at 9:30. Even if you have put your credit card on file, we request that you visit the checkout table after 9:30. At that time, you can take any items or gift cards that you have won. PLEASE take items home with you Friday night so that we do not have to track you down later!
- We’ve assembled 200+ amazing auction items, including: A trip to a gorgeous villa in Tortola with unforgettable views, a beautiful stone fire pit with professional installation from Snow's Garden Center, and a custom made farmhouse dining table and matching bench. We also have mixers, restaurant gift certificates, art, experiences and much, much more!
In addition to silent auction purchases, you can support the MLS PTO through the following:
- Purchase raffle tickets for the Summer Grill Package! Buy them online here or at the auction.
- Purchase raffle tickets for local growlers (and fill certificates) from Blue Mountain Brewery, Wild Wolf Brewing Co, Three Notch'd Brewery, Sedona Taphouse and many more. There are 12 growlers to be won! And this year we’re introducing a wine pull! Come check it out!
- If your children are attending Kids Night Out, pick up is at 10:00pm sharp so please plan accordingly.
- Online registration for KNO (click here) closes Thursday at 5 pm -- after that, registration is available onsite (add $5 to your registration fee). Just a reminder: Kids Night Out is only for current MLS students.
We look forward to seeing you!
The next and final KNO for the year is this Friday, April 21, 2017! Click here to sign up today.
This is ALSO the night of the Spring Silent Auction with extended hours until 10PM. Let the kids have a great evening with friends while you mingle with fellow Meriwether Lewis parents at the beautiful King Family Vineyard and support our school!