Thanks to everyone who attended Back to School Night on Tuesday evening. Here are the highlights of what was covered in the PTO General Meeting:
- Thank you, volunteers, for all you do! Whether you volunteer your time or help by sending in food and supplies, together we make a difference in the lives of MLS students and their teachers.
- Last year, our PTO provided $57,997 in funds to the school. Highlights of PTO spending included funding for 30 samsung tablets, $13,000 for the first year of a Professional Development Fund for teachers, and $25,000 for the playground fund.
- The 2015/2016 Budget was approved by a general vote of the PTO.
- In partnership with the administration, the PTO announced its 2015/2016 Funding Priorities for our Annual Fund:
- Professional Development Fund Goal: $13,000
- Playground Fund Goal: $22-25,000
- World Language Program Goal: TBD
More details about the funding priorities will be included in the Annual Fund Letter and on the Annual Fund website page. Our goal is 100% participation so stay tuned!