As the holiday season approaches we are taking a moment to remember all the things we are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to the whole Meriwether community!
We are thankful for...
- Teachers and staff that care for, teach and love our children.
- Bus drivers that get our children to and from school safely.
- Our PE staff who works tirelessly to teach our children how important it is to keep their body healthy. Click here to see their website; make sure to check out the Camp4Real winter break camp!
- The office staff who keeps track of endless details.
- The families that purchased MLS tshirts. These are a great holiday gift! If you have not had the chance to purchase one yet email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nurse Hope who helps keep our kids healthy.
- The cafeteria staff who goes the extra mile to provide our children with, and help teach them about healthy food.
- Our beautiful playground.
- All of the families that have donated to the Annual Fund. Without your donations we would not be able to support the teachers in the way that we do. If you have not donated yet this year, there is still time. Click here for details.
- The staff who keeps our building safe and clean.
- The volunteers who help in the classroom, and those who make our school events successful.
- All of the families that shop at Kroger, Harris Teeter and Amazon and in turn, give rewards to our school. Click here to find out how to shop through Amazon this holiday season!
- Student, McKinzy Hocutt, who secured a donation from Toys R Us for 100 lunch boxes for the MLS Dominica Relief Backpack Drive. Click here for more detail about the drive.
- Our teachers who devote their time to giving our children an amazing education.
- Our wonderful MLS community and the friendships we have gained because of it.
"Thank you MLS families for all of the opportunities you provide teachers and students! Your contributions to the annual fund give teachers the chance to attend conferences and workshops which would otherwise be cost prohibitive. Our students and peers benefit from the implementation of the things learned and shared. Because of the annual fund, our students have safe, modern playgrounds to use and our classrooms have 21st century technology to teach our 21st century learners. Thank you!" - Meg Franco, Kindergarten Teacher